1. Simple tools and supplies
2. Cut an "X" in the bottom of the milk container
3. Make one cut in your coat hanger
4. Connect your hanger
You see a lot of advertisements urging you
to buy a "kit" to grow the upside down
tomato plants. You can do it very
simply with tools and supplies
you already may have.
Potting Soil, Plastic Gallon Milk Jug,
Wire Coat Hanger, Tomato Plant.
Wire Snips, Hole Punch, Knife to
cut the plastic.
!. Gather your tools and supplies. Remember
you can live in a condo, an apartment, or
just about anywhere as long as you have
a place to hang your "garden".
2. Make an "X" incision in the bottom of the
milk container and fold the flaps inward.
3. Making the hanger couldn't be simpler!
4. Punch a hole in each side and thread
your hanger ends through and twist them up.
5. Start adding your potting soil.
6. Push the roots gently through the neck
of the container and pack dirt around
them from the other end.
7. Find a safe place to hang your project. Preferably out of the wind
as much sun as possible.
8. Keep it watered almost daily because it
will dry out quickly. I like to feed all of my
tomato plants with Miracle Gro
every two weeks.
That's all there is to it!
(c) Jack Armstrong 2010
All Rights Reserved
5. Add dirt
6. Gently plant your tomato plant
7. Hang securely and water often
8. Blossoms and green tomatoes
at about six weeks